Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Love You "benches"!



I love having things in my home that have character and that are personal. We actually made these two benches because we didn't have the money to buy a brand new set of chairs for our table.


On one of the benches my husband traced my kids hand print and then carved their prints into the bench.


On the other bench he carved a heart and put our initials inside of it.
 
After painting them I took sandpaper and aged them.  I then watered down some brown craft paint I had and rubbed it over the wood.  We then put a clear-coat over everything.
 
These may not be fancy but we will cherish these in our home for the rest of our lives. 

6 comments:

  1. Camie, those are amazing. Your husband is so talented. I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv 'em Cam. Do you think Tanner could make a few things for me? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can put a price tag on that bench! That is beautiful and priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops..I meant to say "you CAN"T put a price tag on that bench"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What precious ways to personalize your bench! Thanks for sharing at the POPP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh i love those so much... i wish i had kids, and a table for the benches...
    very well done!

    ReplyDelete

Your 2 Cents!

Swidget 1.0

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS