Tuesday, August 16, 2011

$25.00 Hutch Make-over

This hutch was purchased at a garage sale back in June.  I was so excited because I have been wanting one for awhile and the price was great. It sat in my garage for 2 months and finally I was determined to finish it. 

After cleaning the mouse "gifts" left behind from the previous owners, I set off to painting it.
I used Valspar Baby Blue spray paint and six cans later it was covered.  I thought it was a little bit too "new" looking and so I added a glaze.  My kids asked me why I like everything to look dirty...I am pretty obsessed with my glaze I will admit that.


I replaced the glass with gardening wire I found at Lowe's and added some great knobs from Hobby Lobby.

Now I have to figure out if I want to keep it or sell it.  Any Takers...hahaha!




Tuesday To Do Party

9 comments:

  1. Love it!!! You are absolutely amazing, you know that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't too sure about it when I read baby blue, but it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a change! Really amazing... I love it.

    Have a nice day! Dania

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a place to put it. I would buy it. But I have no where. Good work sister. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hutch is amazing and if she were mine I would have to keep her!! I had to laugh at your kids comments! Mine always ask me why Iike things that look old!:) Please stop by and share for Treasure Hunt Thursday if ya get a chance! I would love to have ya over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take it! Sigh... Guess I'll just have to keep looking for as good of a deal as you got. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way!!! I'm not sure what I love the most - the blue, the wire "windows", the knobs, or the amaze-balls steal you got it for :D Absolutely gorgeous!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Shelley
    www.westermanfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This hutch turned out AMAZING! <3 it!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting- I love new comments because sometimes they lead me to great blogs like yours. I've been looking through your projects and you've got some great ones! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It came out really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your 2 Cents!

Swidget 1.0

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS