Friday, September 30, 2011

The Witch Is In!

I love this time of year, my birthday month is October and so since I was younger I would look forward to it (until I hit 30):)

Recently I found this and I had to have it.  My husband said he would cut it out for me if he could get a new jig-saw.  Of course I said yes because I have "other" projects that require a jig-saw...he just didn't know that at the time. hehehe 

I printed the template and taped it together on a sheet of plywood.



I then traced it with a black marker...
 
 

and my sweet husband cut it out for me (a serious labor of love).


 

 I bought two cans of outdoor spray paint and gave it a couple of coats.  I also sprayed the back to seal it and prevent moisture damage. 

Now to add her accessories!

I bought a 3/4 in x 5ft galvanized pipe and brackets.  We attached them using a small piece of scrap wood so the nails wouldn't show through.  We also placed a metal stake at the bottom for extra support.

For her broom I just bought a handle ment for a  rake and attached some twigs I had laying around the house.  I attached the twigs with electrical tape and sprayed everything black.  For extra support I added twine.
Her lantern was on clearance at Lowe's for $1.00. I placed a flame less candle inside that I purchased for 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby.  
   
So this is what she looks like in the "spot light".  I love the shadow cast on our house.


Her official debut will be October 1st....get your tickets now!


The DIY Show Off

10 comments:

  1. I featured a project like this last year. I think it is GREAT! Thank you for linking up to my All Things Spooky series! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - I love it! So spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You (y'all) did such an outstanding job on her. I’m having a giveaway…come by and check it out.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your link up and ideas on your blog. I'd Awesome idea! I'd love for you to stop over and link up this in my Halloween Link up! I'd appreciate it.

    Happy Halloween!!

    Kelli
    http://3boysandadog.com/deals/2011/halloween-post-round-up-with-linky/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is so cool! I love the shadow, definitely the scariest part. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I am a new follower would you be so kind & follow me back, thanks :)

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. This super cute! I love the big shadow it creates for spooky fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LoVE your witch. and your husbands spirit building for you. ;) and the final 'SPOTLIGHT" wow....cant wait to do this. Where is the template for your witch from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We made this witch (and the cats, too!). Love the shadow effect! We usually put a yellow light behind our witch. We may need to try the front on spot this year! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your 2 Cents!

Swidget 1.0

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS