Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Burlap Bench

 When I spotted this coffee table on Craigslist I thought that I would just paint it and distress it.  But when I went to pick it up I didn't realize how small it was.  So the gears started turning and the thought that this would be the perfect size for an entry bench came to mind.

 Just a little bit of flat black paint and some distressing was the first step. I picked up some Poly Foam for the cushion and 1 1/2 yards of burlap. 
Using my staple gun I put it all together.  The burlap was a little tricky to work with but I like how it turned out.

 I grabbed some really cool ribbon from an antique store to add on top and placed a new knob on the drawer in front.
 Now the real test will be to see if it handles well with having actual people (kids) sit on it.







2 comments:

  1. Love the mix of the burlap and the ribbon! The ribbon gives it an extra special touch. Great makeover!! Thanks for linking up to the burlap party at WhisperWood Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bench is awesome, I love it! Very creative, great job.

    Lori from Color It Simple

    ReplyDelete

Your 2 Cents!

Swidget 1.0

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS